Hi guys! Christmas is already over! Can you believe it?! I certainly can’t! I don’t even know where November went, never mind December. It is a cheesy thing to say, but I must admit, it is true that as you grow older, the time passes by quicker. It’s kind of scary actually! Aaanyways, this wasn’t the point of this post haha. Let’s get back on track: I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time. I actually did. For me, Christmas is pretty much like a festival. Since my parents are divorced, I celebrate Christmas with my mother’s family on the 24th of December, and on the 25th with my father’s family. As my boyfriend’s family usually does a big family get together on the 24th, we had dinner on the 23rd so that I could exchange gifts with them. So basically, I had three Christmas’! Here’s what I got :
- Hyba sport’s leggings : As I mentioned in a few last posts (My Running Journey and My 2018 Goals) I like to run, and am also planning on getting more active during the next year. That being said, I was really happy to get some sport’s gear to wear while I exercise. They are super comfortable also!
- Tickets to go see the Nutcracker : The tickets were for the last representation of the Nutcracker in Montreal (30th of December). Before that, I had only seen one ballet show before, but I had quite enjoyed it. This time, it was a bigger production, where the dance was amazing, but where there were big backgrounds and things falling from the sky. It was more of a big show than the last one I saw, which focused mainly on the dancing. It was nice to see though! It’s always impressive to see people move like that, they make it seem so easy!
- A gift card for the movies : My aunt got me a gift card to go to the cinema! I find cinema’s pretty expensive, so it’s a nice gift! I mean, who doesn’t like going to the cinema and eating popcorn?! Also, since it’s the holidays, I expect there will be plenty of good movies to go see, and I’ll have time to go!
- Turtles all the way down by John Green : I’ve always liked reading. A few years ago, it was one of my go to activities. As I grew older, I’ve found myself getting busier and more tired at the end of the day, leaving me wanting to do nothing else but Netflix at night. During the holidays, I decided I wanted to start reading again, for my own personal fun (as opposed to the six books I read within 15 weeks for school). I read pretty much all of John Green’s books and enjoyed them all, so I thought I would give Turtles all the way down a chance! I haven’t started it yet, though.
- Audur Ava Olafsdottir by Rosa Candida & Chercher Sam by Sophie Bienvenu : I also got two other books written in french. I have never heard of those books before, so I can’t wait to read them and see what they are about.
- A waterproof Bluetooth speaker : One of the things I really enjoy is singing in the shower. I used to bring my phone in a little plastic bag to protect it from all the water and humidity, bring it with me in the bathroom and put some music on while I was showering. For Christmas, my boyfriend decided to get me this speaker. It is small and simple, but I like it. It has a suction cup so that you can put it up in the shower, but also has a little clip if you want to hang it on something. You can skip tracks, play with the volume and also receive calls on it. I thought it was a great gift idea!
- A Lush gift set : As you guys already know, I really enjoy having a nice Lush bath (You can read my post about Lush here if you are interested). I find it is the perfect way to treat yourself after a long day or a difficult week. My sister was very nice and got me a little Lush box with a body conditioner, a lotion, the Rose Jam body wash and a bath bomb. They are all products I haven’t tried yet, but they all look so good! I can’t wait to try them!
- A scarf : I also got this super cosy scarf! I like the fact that it is reversible! I also like that is it a smaller version, so it’s not too big on me (I’m pretty small…). It is so soft, I couldn’t have asked for a better gift as it is currently -30 degrees Celsius where I live…
- A spa gift certificate : My mother got my sister and I both a gift certificate to go to Bota Bota. I’ve never been, but from what I can see, it’s a really nice outdoor spa by the water. I’m in serious need of relaxing so this is a perfect gift! It’s also not something I would normally treat myself with, so it’s really nice. It will be a fun activity to do with my sister once it gets a little warmer!
- A lot of chocolate , socks and a little bit of money : I also got a whole lot of chocolate and a little bit of money from my grandma. She prefers giving us money as well as a tiny gift so that we are free to spend it on whatever we want. That way, she is sure we can get something we love. Also, I got socks because I needed more and so I asked for them haha, it is such a random gift!
That is pretty much it for what I got for Christmas. I wasn’t expecting to get so many gifts, and I am very thankful for all of them! I will be enjoying them all during the rest of the holidays! Thank you so much for reading my post! I hope you enjoyed it. If you did, don’t forget to like it and to follow it either via the wordpress platform or via email. I would love for you to either tweet me (my social media is linked down below) or to write down in the comments what you got for Christmas! Have the loveliest of weeks!
See you soon,