Hello everybody! For today’s post, I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes. When I started this blog, I had the intention of sharing many recipes with you, but never got around to it. So here I am, finally sitting down and sharing a recipe with you. Recently, I’ve decided to start cooking more vegetarian. I feel like there are many misconceptions about eating vegetarian such as “it tastes bland”, “it doesn’t fill you up”, “you won’t get any protein”, etc. I hate to break it to you, but you do not need to eat meat every meal nor every day. And, many vegetarian recipes are so amazing! Plus, beans cost a lot less than some ground beef haha. One thing I’ve been really enjoying are vegetarian quesadillas. They are pretty simple to make and taste amazing.
Let’s jump right into it!
- 1 & 1/2 cups of black beans
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup & 1/2 of grated cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1-2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- Chop up the onion and the bell pepper into little pieces.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Cook the onion and bell peppers in a large pan, at medium heat, with the olive oil, for about 3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir them around.
- Add the black beans, the corn and the taco seasoning. Continue stirring every so often. Remove from heat after 2 minutes.
- Spoon some of the bean mixture into half of the tortilla.
- Add cheese on top of the mixture and fold the tortilla in half.
- In a large pan, on low heat, drizzle a little olive oil and set down the tortilla in it. Leave it until the tortilla is a little crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole and enjoy!
That is pretty much it for this post! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, if you did, please don’t forget to like this post. If you try out this recipe, it would be amazing if you left a comment telling me how it turned out! Don’t forget to follow the blog either via email or the wordpress platform for more posts like this. All my social media is linked down below. Also, my first ever vlog went live yesterday on my Youtube and it would mean the world if you checked it out!! I hope you will have a great week!
See you soon,